Friday 6 September 2013

Mixed Media Photo Frame

This is my entry to this week Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #96 Hearts a Glow.   It is a mixed media project combined with Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection.   I have to admit this is one of those "On Going" project that has undergone tons of changes with the help of Gesso.  Finally, I settled for a more shabby chic shade.

The Cheery Lynn Designs dies I used for this project were
- Heartland America Large DL110
Two of Hearts DL128
- Small Exotic Bbutterflies DL112AB.

The alphabets were cut from foam using Cottage Cutz Sugar & Cream alphabet die.


Another look at the project without any photo.  I wanted to make it into a photo frame where the photo could be changed.  I cut two Heartland America hearts.   I trimmed one of them to only retain the border to cover the PVC sheet on top of the bottom heart.  A close-up look at the hearts.


The original paper collection has a blue ribbon with a key.  As I was going towards the lavender color theme, I colored my satin ribbon with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad Dusty Concord.  I also added more colors to the fuzzy cut flowers with the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord).

Tip: A new trick I discovered to enhanced my fuzzy cutting.  As I cannot remove the small background areas between the flowers and leaves, I use "Bundled Sage" Distress marker to go over the yellow background.   This hides the background and creates an illusion of more leaves.

Thank you for stopping by.

XOXO
Mee Foon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mee, Your Sister card is breath taking...I love it. Hugs...Patti
    http://thecardnook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice canvas! Thanks for joining us this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.