Saturday 27 July 2013

Silver and Gold Necklace

For my entry to this week Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #90 Silver and/or Gold, I decided to try a different medium.   Instead of using paper, I used Cheery Lynn dies to cut aluminium sheet to create a necklace.  I am amazed at how well the Cheery Lynn designs dies are able to cut the intricate doilies design even on the aluminium sheets.

Using the following doilies dies, I formed the flower petals:
- Base layer from large Italian Flourish Doily
- Middle layer from mini Polynesian Sails Doily
- Center layer from tiny Italian Flourish Doily.
I made some fold lines to create a 3D flower.

I also added some leaves and flourish from part of the Fanciful Flourish.  The flourishes are very fine and I put some Glossy Accent behind the aluminium swirl and the areas where the leaves joined with the swirl to reinforced them.

As for the beautiful flying creatures, I used one of the butterflies from the Small Exotic Butterflies set and the Small Lace Faerie Queen butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by.

XOXO
Mee Foon



3 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is creative, inventive, gorgeous and stunning! :) Brilliantly creative!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you thought out of the box to create this necklace! Thank you so much for joining us this week for the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post. Gerard Associates also offers advice in QROPS Advice, QROPS Transfers, Guernsey, QROPS list and other QROPS Pension Advice.

    Black tungsten ring
    Batman wedding set

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.